DATA CENTER HEAT LOAD TESTING EQUIPMENT FOR HIRE
So, why should you use server emulators and heat load units instead of servers to test the operation and reliability of a data center?
Using servers is impractical for the following reasons:
- Extremely expensive to fill the data center with servers.
- IT implementation plan (and load profile) may be such that the facility may not reach 100% load for many years.
- Servers are designed to increase and decrease power consumption depending on the processing requirement of an application. Testing requires stable, predictable loads.
- Potential for damage to IT equipment as a result of power downs, failed tests and failed cooling.
- Time to reset servers after each test
Instead of using servers, you can hire heat load and server emulators.